Selling Real Estate
When the time comes for selling your home, I can assist you with prioritizing what needs to be done with respect to getting it ready for sale. To get you started, here are some basic steps of the process to get familiar with.
Phase I – Preparation
- Staging: The right staging and placement of furniture is so important where it can really help showcase your home so that every buyer sees its true potential. Sometimes arranging things might not be the way you live in it day-to-day but it can be very helpful for buyers. In addition, take care of any deferred maintenance items as well as freshening up paint and professionally cleaning your carpets.
- Curb Appeal: The outside of your home is the first thing and the last thing all who visit will see. Freshly painted front doors, clean entryways and well-landscaped yards are the kinds of things that set the tone. A great first impression goes a long way as well as the image they will take with them when they leave.
- Pricing: Pricing a home is not always simple. It is based on several factors like active comps, sold comps and of course location and condition. I will assist you with data on homes on the market as well as my professional opinion on your particular home’s desirable attributes so that you can arrive at the most appropriate price to go to the market with. Setting the right price initially is important as the majority of the buyer traffic is within the first couple of weeks.
Phase II – On Market
- Cleanliness: Cleaning and staging are not just for the photos that we will take before we list the home on the market. It is standard practice to have broker and public open houses in addition to showings throughout the time it is on the market. Keeping it in pristine condition will again help showcase it in its best light.
Phase III – Prepare to Move
- Accepting an offer and closing: After you have accepted an offer and your buyer has done the home inspection then you officially enter contract. This is when a deal gets solidified enough where you can then begin your packing and planning for your own move. It is important that you leave the home completely free of belongings and in clean condition for when the buyer conducts their walk-through just before the closing.
From movers to cleaners I can connect you with other professionals that you may need during this process and help you get best prepared for a smooth and successful transaction.